By Moonrose Cheng
Halloween is coming up soon and you know what that means…decorating time!
Today I’ll be showing you a super easy way to make mini ghosts by reusing your plastic bags.
Did you know? According to National Retail Foundation, U.S. spending on decorations for Halloween in 2015 will amount to $1.9 billion.
The mass production of decorations can generate lots of waste. Many of these items end up in the landfill, polluting everything around it. However, you can reuse and make your own Halloween decorations. Save money and the earth!
What you’ll need:
- White plastic bags
- Colored permanent markers
1. Cut off the handles of the plastic bag.
2. Cut the bag into either rectangles or circles. Whatever shape you choose, it will determine the bottom edges of the ghost.
3. Fold the piece in half and twist the middle, so the top section looks like a balloon and the bottom forms a skirt. See picture for reference.
4. Tape the twisted part so it doesn’t come undone.
5. Use your fingers to puff out the balloon part to make your ghost have a head.
6. Get your permanent markers and draw a face!
7, Tape it to the wall, or hang them in a row.
Share your ghosts with us by tagging us in your Instagram photos @returnrecycling
Happy Halloween! Be safe!